Great Collection of WordPress Tutorial Sites
- To learn WordPress we recommend starting by going to YouTube and entering keywords “wordpress tutorials for beginners”. Watch as many tutorial videos as you can until you think you know at least a little of what you are doing with WordPress…learn how to add pages, to post to your blog, to add images to your pages/posts, to add links, to add video to your posts.
- Later move on to the more broad “WordPress Tutorials” YouTube videos for more indepth topics and advanced WordPress techniques.
- Speckyboy.com offers a very nice resource of over 100 WordPress video tutorials from Basic to Advanced.
- WordPress.tv also has good WordPress tutorial videos.
- WordPress Tutorials on Google is another good source for WordPress video tutorials.
Note: Some things referring to ‘blogging on WordPress.com‘ do not apply. Take notice of the ‘.com’ tagged on to the end of WordPress. WordPress.com refers specifically to setting up just a blog hosted on the WordPress.com website (not a business website using your domain name).
SiteSubscribe does not use the WordPress.com hosted solution. We use what is known as the WordPress.org or ‘self-hosted’ solution (not WordPress.com). The ‘self-hosted’ solution allows us to host websites using the WordPress platform, allows use of domain names, allows adding plugins and themes that we choose to use, and much more (real websites, not just limited to blogs).
When browsing for video tutorials pay most attention to those showing ‘how to use WordPress’ in general, not anything specific to WordPress.com.